Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Sweet Surprise

I am so excited and pleased to announce we are...

 PREGNANT

It has been over a year since we started trying, we have had so many trials since then but have been strengthened and blessed along the way. We are so excited to welcome this little one into our family next January.


Four Week Photo - Felt so funny doing this but wanted to document before the belly!

The Morning after we found out I had to take a test of my own because I just did not believe it!



Were soooo stinking happy about this Miracle in our lives and feel so blessed to bring one of God's children into the world.




How we found out:

I was laying in the hospital bed, ivy drop was in, I was all ready to get put under and rolled into surgery when the nurse came in and said.

"You won't be needing surgery today... because your PREGNANT!"

Taylor and I burst out into tears. I thought it was some kind of mean joke! But they showed me my test results and sure enough it was positive. They took some other tests to check on the status of the baby. This made the doctors a little worried, they kept me in the hospital a little longer and decided to finally discharge me but bring me back the next Monday to check on the baby again. So that weekend we had the chance to be all excited and tell all our family, but with hesitation since we weren't sure if the baby was okay yet. 

They still think I have endometriosis but while I am pregnant they can't remove it. So this first trimester will be a little more challenging then usual since I'll be sick with that and having pregnancy symptoms. Once the second trimester kicks in rumour is the endometriosis will settle down until the baby comes which is good news!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats, Martha. This is an amazing miracle. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy :)

Katie said...

I meant to tell you, one of my friends had endometriosis and had multiple surgeries to remove it but as soon as the next day it was already growing back. In the end, they had to do IVF to get pregnant with their first. Here's the good news: she no longer has endometriosis and is currently pregnant with her second. They conceived totally naturally. She said that a pregnancy can reset the body and eliminate endometriosis. So, you may never have to deal with that little bugger again! Wouldn't that be wonderful!?

Libby said...

Congratulations! So happy for you!

Christina said...

these pictures are SO super cute, and I'm SO HAPPY for you guys!!! Can't wait to hear more about your journey with this sweet miracle!! :)

Monique J. Rovelsky said...

I got goose bumps when I read this! So happy for you both!

Mandy said...

That is GREAT news! I am so excited for you!!!! Congratulations