Friday, June 22, 2012

First and hopefully not last

In two weeks I am running a 5K and I am getting so extremely excited, nervous but mostly anxious

Four weeks ago I was literally laying on my couch watching TV in-between my 3 jobs and school and eating as much junk, frozen foods and chocolate as possible. Needless to say I'v made a huge lifestyle change in the past month and boy do I feel better. Did it cold turkey - it's the only way!

Four weeks ago I hadn't run in over 4 years, thats a long time! I have also always been terrible at running but I have found it invigorating this last month and wanted a goal to work towards.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awesome! I only started "racing" in the last year and it is so fun! If you can do a run like a mud run or a color run, then totally do it. I did a mud run in April, and I'm doing a color run in August. Right now I'm starting to pile on mileage for a half! Eek!

Good luck. Just so you know, the pre-run nerves are totally absolutely normal! You'll do great. It's so exhilarating!