Friday, December 31, 2010

Quilted Table Runner

You will need:
Batting
Coordinating Back Fabric
Strips of Fabric to make the front

This is not simple... but simpler way of making something quilted anyway. You can sew the back, batting, and front strips together all at once! 

1. I laid my fabric on the table and decide how big I wanted to make it. Then I cut it to that size, and then I cut the batting a little smaller then the backing.
2. Lay out all your strips so that you can decide what order you want them to go in. Make a left and right  pile leaving the two middle(ish) strips to be sewed on first.


2. I laid my two middle trips right sides together and pinned it to the middle of my batting and my backing. And sewed down one side.
3. Then open it up and iron it down flat.
4. Pin another strip down right sides together and sew down, then open up and iron down flat.


Repeat until all the strips are sewn down!


Then finish just like any other quilt, sorry I don't trust myself of giving a tutorial for this!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Wow! I totally don't understand how to do it, but I LOVE IT!! So beautiful!! Did it cost you under $20? If so...come link it up to my first party :)

Katie said...

Cute fabric selection!

Whew, I need to get crafting. There's so much to do this month!

Mandy Beyeler said...

I like the texture you method gives the top.....

Jae said...

I'm gonna follow you because you're crafty and your name is Martha! :)
My Mom was a Martha also.
Check out my blog....it's a work in progress. Happy New Year!