Sunday, December 5, 2010

Welcome to Idaho - I dance in a barn!

My Mother put me in Ballet when I was a little girl, then when we loved to a new city I stopped for a little but then started up again at this amazing studio in a town close by. I grew to love ballet, I started pointe, got accepted into the Alberta Ballet summer workshop were I did ballet for 5 hours everyday but sunday for a month. I grew so much in dance and later preformed a pointe solo. I was in love with my pointe shoes. Then I got mono in college had to drop my ballet class and haven't been back since.. Yesterday!

Taylor drove my out to my first ballet class yesterday, it seamed that we were driving out to the middle of a field and he joked that maybe my class was in a barn. Funny right? Well then we pulled up to a barn... we must be lost. I called the dance studio and told them we were lost and she said its in a barn, just go the the side door. Shocked we walked to the side door and opened it, to see a tractor! We walked up this tiny old wooden staircase and sure enough upstairs was a dance floor. These was a women dancing in boots, interesting. I then shed my clothes and put on my ballet slipper. I then understood why she was wearing boots, I thought my toes were going to fall off the floor was so cold.

The class was interesting, and I was dying. I didn't realize how out of shape I had gotten with my year and a half off of dance. I started remember how much I loved ballet and it was a little depressing because I felt silly with how much my dancing had gone down hill since my last competition. This morning I woke up with the sorest body in the world, it's rebelling against me. It hurts, to walk and move my neck and pretty much do anything! Two years ago that dance class would have been a cake walk.

I am now on a Journey to get my dance legs back.


The day I won "Most Promising Dancer Award"












All my Dance girlies and our toes!
My first pointe solo!

4 comments:

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Oh I love the picture of all the toe shoes! You make a beautiful ballerina. I've always been jealous of those who can dance, because it just looks like so much fun. I'm definitely not gifted with that, but I'm glad you're getting back into it! Sounds like a grand time!

Allison said...

I agree, you do make a beautiful ballerina. Congrats on your efforts to get back into it! I featured your fabric necklace as one of my Faves in the Tell Me Tuesday Monday Wrap Up. Come and get yourself a button!

Vintage Pollyanna
http://vintagepollyanna.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

Ah sometimes I miss dancing so much! That's so fun you get to take lessons though, how awesome!! Hilarious it's in a barn...only in idaho haha. LOVE YOU!

Katie said...

I love love love ballet! :) I take ballet and enjoy it so much! :D I someday hope to do pointe! :) Since I've started ballet at a late age I don't plan on becoming a profetional ballerina but I do hope to continue it for many many years to come! :)